About TLC LIVE
My wife and I founded TLC Education Group in 2003 opening fixed location, tuition centres across East Anglia. TLC Education Group was the first private tutoring company to have all year round centres located in state schools, the first being in Samuel Ward Academy in Haverhill, Suffolk, an Ofsted rated outstanding school.
In 2012, using the vast bespoke content written and trialled in the centres, TLC LIVE was born delivering high quality tuition to any location with an internet connection. TLC LIVE is now being used by schools, councils, alternative provision and private customers across the UK and beyond delivering 1000’s of lessons per week in English, maths, science and EAL.
We are committed to providing a rigorous but enjoyable educational experience using only qualified, UK based teachers focused on the needs of each individual student to help them catch up, keep up and get ahead.
Simon Barnes- Chief Executive Officer
• B.Ed. Exeter University
• 1981-1988: Director of Studies, EF Language Schools Cambridge
• 1988-1992: Principal with responsibilities for London, Oxford and Dublin Language Schools owned by Aspect
• 1992-1999: Business Development Manager Sylvan Learning. Responsible for Education Programmes in UAE, Italy and France
• 1992-2002: Operations Director, Sylvan Learning Centres. Setting up tutoring business in UK and France
• Opened TLC Education Group during 2003
Manda Barnes- Curriculum Development Director
• B.Ed. Exeter University
• Studied dance for one year at the world renowned ‘Laban Centre’
• Started career in teaching working at various schools and with many different age groups in both primary and middle schools.
• In 2004 she started to run a franchise tutoring business. During this time she developed her own education programme with a view to starting her own company, TLC Education Group, which she did in 2009.
• Her software programme has been key in the development of TLC Education Group and it continues to evolve under her guidance.
Richard Last- Chairman (Non-Executive)
• Is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
• Chairman and non-executive Director of Arcontech Group plc (financial software business
listed on AIM)
• Chairman and non-executive Director of British Smaller Companies VCT2 plc (YFM Equity Partners)
• Non-executive Director of Lighthouse Group plc and Corero Group plc (both listed on AIM)
• Director and shareholder of a number of private companies including the IT company APD Communications Limited.
• Non-executive Chairman of CSE Global UK Limited (a subsidiary of a Singapore Stock Exchange listed Company)
• He was formerly Chairman of Xpertise Group plc , an IT training company