Preparing for GCSEs can be stressful, but our tutors are experts at helping students develop the skills and confidence they need to ace their exams. Our GCSE maths tuition makes use of our library of over 35,000 hours of bespoke content, ensuring that tutors can create engaging and relevant sessions to suit every student’s unique needs.
Here is a set of ten Year 10 maths questions as an example of our online maths tuition content. These GCSE maths questions are a great way to test students’ knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
Ten sample Year 10 maths questions
1. Evaluate: (-2)²
2. (Do not use a calculator) Find the factors of p² + 8p
3. (Do not use a calculator) Solve: 3.69 ÷ 3.6
4. (Do not use a calculator) Find the answer to the following: 2.3 x 0.002
5. (Do not use a calculator) Write this number using standard form 0.00451
6. The area of the square ABCD, seen below, is 18cm². Using this information, find the missing number from the equations below: x² + 8x = __
7. Find b – 2a as a column vector.
8. A bag of 8 balls contains 5 red and 3 blue balls. Find the probability of selecting 2 blue balls at random. The balls are not replaced.
9. (You may use a calculator for this question) Sam is making 180 biscuits. He bakes four different types of biscuits: chocolate, lemon and orange and vanilla. 35% of these biscuits are chocolate. 5/12 of these biscuits are lemon. The ratio of the number of orange biscuits to the number of vanilla biscuits is 3:4. How many chocolate biscuits does Sam bake?
10. (You may use a calculator) Find the surface area of this solid cylinder.
Contact us for affordable, effective GCSE maths tuition
If you’re looking to support a Year 10 student in maths – or any other subject – as they approach their GCSEs, TLC LIVE can help. Each one-hour online session directly connects the student with a qualified DBS (or equivalent) checked tutor for top-quality maths tuition. In addition to working directly with parents, we are a preferred tuition provider for over 500 schools nationwide and a government-certified National Tutoring Programme partner.