At TLC LIVE, our tutors deliver thousands of hours of personalised, one-to-one maths tuition every year. Our secondary maths tuition makes use of our library of over 35,000 hours of bespoke content, ensuring that tutors can create engaging and relevant sessions to suit every student’s unique needs.
Here is a set of ten Year 9 maths questions as an example of our online maths tuition content. These Year 9 maths problems are a great way to test students’ knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
Ten sample Year 9 maths questions
1. Evaluate: y ÷ y = __
2. (Do not use a calculator) Complete the sum: 2/3 ÷ 1/5
3. Alex runs a market stall. He buys a radio for £60 and sells it for £75. What is his percentage profit?
4. This is a distance-time graph of Mary’s journey from her house to the shops and back again. What speed did Mary travel in the first 30 minutes of her journey?
5. The ratio of red sweets to black sweets in a bag is: 3:8. There are 24 black sweets. How many red sweets are there?
6. (Do not use a calculator) Complete the sum: 633 ÷ 42.2
7. (You may use a calculator for this question) Find the area of this parallelogram
8. This information is drawn onto a pie chart. Calculate the size of angle representing robins.
Contact us for affordable, effective maths tuition
If you’re looking to help a Year 9 student build confidence in maths – or any other subject – TLC LIVE can help. Each one-hour online session directly connects the student with a qualified DBS (or equivalent) checked tutor for top-quality maths tuition.. In addition to working directly with parents, we are a preferred tuition provider for over 500 schools nationwide and a government-certified National Tutoring Programme partner.