Algebra is one of the most dreaded GCSE maths topics but, with proper preparation, any student can ace these questions in the exam. For further assistance, our professional GCSE maths tuition helps students build confidence and get the results they deserve.
Our tutors draw from an extensive library of bespoke teaching resources, including video explainers, graphics and banks of exam-style questions. Here is a set of nine fraction and shape-based algebra GCSE questions from our library.
9 sample algebra GCSE questions
1. Find 𝑥: 𝑥/3 = 4
2. Simplify this fraction: (3𝑥 +12)/(2𝑥+8)
3. Express the following as a single fraction:
4. Express the following as a single fraction:
6. Write an expression for the area of this trapezium:
7. If a rectangle has sides of 𝑥+6 and 𝑥+2, what is its perimeter?
8. If a rectangle’s perimeter is 20 and its sides are 𝑥+4 and 𝑥+2, what is 𝑥?
9. What is 𝑥 when this shape’s area is 142cm2?
Answers to our sample algebra GCSE questions
2. 3/2 or 1 ½
3. 7y+2/12 or (7y+2)/12
4. (-2x+17)/4 or (17-2x)/4
7. 4x+16 or 16+4x
Contact us for affordable, effective GCSE maths tuition
For support in trigonometry, algebra or any other maths topic – or maths as a whole – there’s no better option than professional online tutoring with TLC LIVE. Our one-hour online sessions directly connect students with qualified DBS (or equivalent) checked tutors for top-quality maths tuition.