Algebraic expressions can be daunting, but practice makes perfect! If you want additional support so you can do your best on exam day, consider online tutoring. Our professional GCSE maths tuition helps students build their confidence and get the best possible exam results.
TLC LIVE tutors have access to a huge library of in-depth teaching resources. There are video explainers, graphics, and plenty of exam-style questions. Here are nine of our algebra GCSE questions about expressions.
Nine sample GCSE algebraic expression questions
1. If 𝑥 = -2, find the value of 𝑥²
2. If 𝑥 = -2, find the value of 3𝑥²
3. If 𝑥 = 3, find the value of 3𝑥²
4. If w = -2, find the value of: 3w
5. Expand and simplify: -2(-p + 2) – 2(p + 2)
6. Expand and simplify: -4(-p + 2) – 3(p + 2)
7. Expand and simplify: -4(-4y + 3) – 2(-y + 3)
8. If s = r/t, find s when r = 24 and t = 3
9. If y = m𝑥 + c, find y when m = -2, 𝑥 = 4 and c = 7
Answers to our sample algebra GCSE questions
Contact us for affordable, effective GCSE maths tuition
For support in algebra, trigonometry, or any other maths topic – or maths as a whole – there’s no better option than professional online tutoring with TLC LIVE. We offer one-hour online sessions that directly connect students with qualified DBS (or equivalent) checked tutors for top-quality maths tuition.
In addition to working directly with parents, we are a preferred tuition provider for over 500 schools nationwide and a government-certified quality assured tuition partner.