At TLC LIVE, our dedicated tutors deliver hundreds of hours of one-to-one KS1 and KS2 maths tutoring every year. They work from our comprehensive library, which includes over 35,000 hours of bespoke content designed for students across multiple subjects and year groups from KS1 to GCSE and beyond.
Here are some example Year 3 maths questions from our curricula that students cover when they receive online maths tuition through our platform.
13 sample year 3 maths questions
1. What does the “8” represent in the number 181?
2. ¼ + 2/4 =
3. Find the multiple of 10 in this set of numbers: 7 33 25 60 81
4. 400 ÷ 100 =
5. Find: 1 less than 100
6. 245 + 54 =
7. What measurement is shown on the scales? (Answer as a decimal: _kg)
8. 1 x 9 = 3 + ____
9. Name this 3d shape
10. How many days are there in September?
11. If 4 was put into this function machine, what number would come out?
12. I have these coins in my purse. How much more do I need to make £1?
13. “I am an even number. I have a four in the units. I am less than 20. I am more than 6. What number am I?”
Contact us for affordable, effective KS1 maths tuition
If you’re looking to support a year three student in maths, or any other subject, we can help. Every one-hour online session we offer directly connects a qualified, security-checked teacher with a student to deliver top-quality primary maths tuition. In addition to working directly with parents, we are a preferred tuition provider for over 500 schools nationwide and a government-certified National Tutoring Programme partner.
Contact us today to learn more or sign up for a trial lesson.