Every year at TLC LIVE, our teachers deliver thousands of hours of personalised, one-to-one maths tuition. To ensure that our material is relevant and engaging, our secondary maths tuition draws from our library of over 35,000 hours of bespoke content. This enables our tutors to create personalised lessons that help each student overcome their skill gaps and build confidence.
Here is a set of ten Year 8 maths questions as an example of our online maths tuition content. These Year 8 maths problems are a great way to test students’ knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
Ten sample Year 8 maths questions
1. Evaluate -2³
2. (Do not use a calculator) Solve: 1/5 ÷1/4
3. Calculate 22% of 40 =
4. (Do not use a calculator) A car travels at a speed of 60 kilometres per hour for 20 minutes. How far has it travelled?
5. (Do not use a calculator) The ratio of girls to boys in a chess club is 3:4. If there are 12 girls, how many boys are there?
6. (Do not use a calculator) Complete the sum: 630 ÷ 15 =
7. Find the cube root: ³√64
8. (Do not use a calculator) How many children said their favourite sport was football?
9. (Do not use a calculator) Complete the sum: 354 x 23
Contact us for affordable, effective KS3 maths tuition
If you’re looking to help a Year 8 student boost their skills in maths – or any other subject – TLC LIVE can help. Each one-hour online session directly connects the student with a qualified DBS (or equivalent) checked tutor for top-quality maths tuition.
In addition to working directly with parents, we are a preferred tuition provider for over 500 schools nationwide and a government-certified quality assured tuition partner.