Direct and inverse proportion questions can be challenging, but practice is the best way to sharpen your skills and build your confidence. For further assistance, our professional GCSE maths tuition helps students build confidence and get the results they deserve.
One of the cornerstones of our approach is ensuring that our tutors have access to all of the material they need to meet each student’s unique needs. Every tutor has access to our extensive library of bespoke teaching resources, including video explainers, graphics and banks of exam-style questions. Here are ten proportion GCSE questions from our library.
Ten proportion GCSE questions
1. s is proportional to t³. When s = 3, t = 2. Find the value of s when t = 4
2. s is proportional to t³. When s = 4, t = 2. Find the value of s when t = 4
3. s is proportional to t³. When s =5, t = 4. Find the value of s when t = 2 (Answer: to 3 d.p.)
4. a is inversely proportional to b². When a = 10, b = 2. Find the value of a when b = 4 (Answer to 1 d.p.)
5. a is inversely proportional to b². When a = 50, b = 2. Find the value of a when b = 5
6. y is directly proportional to x². When x = 4, y = 200. Find the value of y when x = 2
7. s is directly proportional to t³. When s = 16, t =2. Find the value of s when t = 3
8. m is inversely proportional to n. When n = 30, m =0.6. Find the value of m when n = 6
9. v is inversely proportional to √w. When v = 400, w =25. Find the value of w when v = 500
10. a is inversely proportional to b². When a = 50, b =2. Find the value of a when b = 5
Answers to our sample proportion GCSE questions
Contact us for affordable, effective GCSE maths tuition
For support in proportion, algebra, trigonometry, or any other maths topic – or maths as a whole – there’s no better option than professional online tutoring with TLC LIVE. We offer one-hour online sessions that directly connect students with qualified DBS (or equivalent) checked tutors for top-quality maths tuition.
In addition to working directly with parents, we are a preferred tuition provider for over 500 schools nationwide and a government-certified quality assured tuition partner.