If you’re looking to support a student as they prepare for GCSE maths, our tutors can help. Every one of our dedicated tutors has experience helping students develop the skills and confidence they need to ace their exams. Our GCSE maths tuition makes use of our library of over 35,000 hours of targeted content, ensuring that tutors can create engaging and relevant sessions to suit every student’s unique needs.
Here is a set of 11 Year 11 maths questions as an example of our online maths tuition content. These GCSE maths questions are a great way to test students’ knowledge and identify areas for improvement.
11 sample Year 11 maths questions
1. x = -1, find the value of 2x³
2. (You may use a calculator for this question) Julie buys and sells sweets. She buys a box of chocolates for £3 and sells it for £4.80.What is her percentage profit?
3. (You may use a calculator for this question) There are 572 members of a running club. 5/11 of these are women. 1/4 of these are men. The rest are children.
4. You may use a calculator for this question) Here is a distance-time graph of a taxi’s journey. What speed did the taxi travel in the first hour if its journey?
5. A leaking tank is filled with water at 9:30am. 30ml of water drips out of the tank every five minutes. At 2:30 PM, the tank is one third full. Find the capacity of the tank.
6. If x and y are whole numbers, x > 40, and y < 30, what is the smallest possible value of x – y?
7. (You may use a calculator for this question) A dance studio has a temperature of 20⁰C. The formula for converting from Celsius to Fahrenheit is: Celsius x 1.8 + 32 = Farenheit. How hot is the dance studio in Fahrenheit?
8. Sam wants to take a taxi. He looks at the graph below to find the cheapest taxi but finds that they will cost the same amount as his journey is 2 miles long. How much will Sam’s journey cost?
9. (You may use a calculator for this question) Paula is going to hire a band to play at her party. This costs £840 and there are four members of the band. The lead singer will take 1/3 of the money and the balance will be shared equally amongst the other members of the band. How much money will the lead singer get?
10. (You may use a calculator for this question) Calculate: (7.1 x10⁴) – (6 x10³)
11. (You may use a calculator for this question) A large jar of coffee costs £3.50 and contains 400g. A small jar of coffee costs £2.10 and contains 250g. How many grams do you get per penny in the larger jar?
Contact us for affordable, effective GCSE maths tuition
To help a Year 11 student in maths – or any other subject – as they approach their GCSEs, contact TLC LIVE. Each one-hour online session directly connects the student with a qualified DBS (or equivalent) checked tutor for top-quality maths tuition.
In addition to working directly with parents, we are a preferred tuition provider for over 500 schools nationwide and a government-certified quality assured tuition partner.